Free pickup in our shop(s)
Buy with confidence from an Irish Company!
We are a 100% Irish Company located in Dublin 10. If you're not sure what you need, phone us at 01-4507272 or call into us at Unit 1b Kylemore Industrial Estate, Killeen Road, Dublin 10, D10VN25.
Frequently Asked Questions about our Shredders
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE ECO-FRIENDLY PACKAGING FROM YOUR CARDBOARD WASTE?
A Cardboard Shredder is a sustainable solution to repurpose and recycle corrugated cardboard waste into void-fill material. These machines pay for themselves by helping reduce the cost of packaging material, and waste disposal.
WHAT IS A CARDBOARD SHREDDER?
A Cardboard Shredder is a commercial/industrial machine that lets you instantly recycle and repurpose your cardboard waste into packaging material. These cardboard recycling machines can produce cushioning strips or mats of cardboard.
IS A CARDBOARD SHREDDER THE SAME AS A PAPER SHREDDER?
A Cardboard Shredder isn’t meant to shred paper or confidential documents, so don’t confuse this machine with a paper shredder as they are very different devices.
While the purpose of a paper shredder is to destroy confidential paper documents by cutting them into unreadable particles or confetti to protect people’s privacy, the purpose of a Cardboard Shredder is to make packaging and void-fill material.
Although a Cardboard Shredder is not a paper shredder, it does operate a bit like one. The machines work to cut the cardboard material and transform it into tiny chips, long strips or perforated sheets, depending on the type of shredder used. The purpose of the machine is to reuse the processed cardboard as a free packaging material.
Cardboard packaging material is not only cheaper, but also more environmentally friendly than using plastic.
So if your business uses a lot of packaging material for shipping products and you have lots of cardboard waste, a Cardboard Shredder is an ideal solution to reduce costs on this material and waste disposal of your scrap cardboard.
HOW DOES A CARDBOARD SHREDDER WORK?
A Cardboard Shredder cuts or shreds your cardboard waste into (long) strips or (small) chips. Both the strips and chips are great to use as void-fill and easily replace plastic packing peanuts. Cardboard Shredders can also make cardboard padding that can be wrapped around items.
Cardboard Shredders can shred any corrugated cardboard. The only requirement is that the cardboard is flat, such as flattened cardboard boxes or sheets. Therefore thick cardboard rolls can’t be processed by these machines because they are too thick. It should also be noted that kraft paper can’t be shredded by these machines because it is too thin.
Cardboard Shredders are user-friendly and very easy to operate. Here’s just how easy it is:
- Turn the machine on by switching the on/off/switch.
- Grab a piece of cardboard and feed it into the front opening of the shredder.
- That’s it! The shredded cardboard falls out of the back of the machine ready for use.
It is strongly recommended to remove any staples or other hard metal objects from the cardboard to prevent wear-and-tear damage to the cutting heads. Occasional shredding of stapled cardboard will likely not cause any problems, but constant cardboard processing with metal items such as staples, is likely to damage the cutting cylinders. It is best to remove the staples and other sharp metal items because if you use the shredded cardboard as packaging material for fragile products, these metals could damage your fragile product!
Advantages to buying a Shredder
Cardboard Shredders have a number of advantages:
- They reduce the amount of waste you have to store onsite.
- They save money on your waste charges – you can get rid of your cardboard recycling bins.
- They provide you with a valuable source of packaging material, which, in terms of protection, would be superior to bubble wrap. They reduce the amount you have to spend on bubble wrap, which in light of the recent worldwide increases on the price of plastics, is a significant saving.
- As a very environmentally friendly option, you are actively reducing your Carbon Footprint – the Carbon Miles of waste cardboard is significant, as it is usually exported to be recycled.
- You can not only replace your plastic packaging requirements, but replace them with an environmentally friendly option, especially in view of the current trends requiring plastic waste legislation coming down the road.
- Customers are becoming more environmentally conscious and by using a Cardboard Shredder to create your void-fill packaging, you can show them your commitment to being environmentally friendly.
- These machines are extremely easy to use.
- When you consider what you spend on recycling bins and bubble wrap or packing peanuts, these machines will quickly pay for themselves – these machines can be leased so the cost per week can be less than you are currently paying for your bins and plastic packaging.
We have a range of machines suitable for small users all the way up to large volume Shredders to suit every need.
We offer leasing of these machines starting from as little as €21 per week – and once the lease is paid off, the machine is yours to keep!